Development and implementation of agroecological innovations and technologies in agriculture according to the principles of Smart specialization, contributing to the development of the regions of Taraclia and Comrat
AO Fondul de Inovații și Dezvoltare Durabilă
2020.01.28 - 2021.03.31
29 911 $
The main goal of the project: To increase the level of competitiveness and ensuring sustainable development of the Taraclia region by introducing agroecological innovations and technologies taking into account climate change.
Expected Results of Successful Project Implementation:
• Increasing awareness and strengthening public opinion regarding the topic of agroecology and bioeconomics in terms of economic benefits, environmental risks, sustainable development and welfare of the population of the regions of Taraclia and ATU Gagauzia;
• Developed measures, practices and mechanisms adapted to changing climatic conditions to facilitate the implementation of priority activities, in the framework of policies and programs for the development of the Taraclia and ATU Gagauzia regions;
• Introduction of new innovative technologies in the agricultural sector, taking into account the reduction of environmental risks;
• Strengthening cooperation and coordination between local and district authorities, academia, universities, business and civil society working in the field of the environment at the regional and global level, with a view to solving environmental problems, introducing innovative technologies, creating new opportunities for social and economic development and improving the competitiveness of areas;
• Creation of Excellent Centr-a “AgroTerra” with R&D component and testing laboratory, called up at the national level;
• Improving the evaluation of SGP projects and programs, taking into account the expected results, including increasing the capacity of NGOs in the field of project activities;
• Strengthening the competitiveness of the SUD region - the introduction of 2 innovative agro-climatic projects, the creation of new jobs;
• Strengthening the investment attractiveness of areas for foreign investment;
• Growth in the share of youth involved in the field of innovative agroecology, as well as in the processes of economic development of regions: participation in decision-making, entrepreneurship, project initiation;
• Creation of a technological platform in the field of innovative agroecology: business, research, technology, projects, development and innovation.