Call for project proposals in the GEF SGP thematic areas
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) invites NGOs and CSOs to submit project proposals in the following thematic areas:
- Community Landscape and Seascape Conservation;
- Climate Smart Innovative Agro-ecology;
- Local to Global Chemical Management Coalitions.
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) provides nongovernmental and community‐based organizations (NGOs/CBOs) in developing countries with grants up to 50,000.00 USD to enable them to tackle climate change, conserve biodiversity, protect international waters, reduce the impact of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs), and prevent land degradation. With these environment‐centered “grant projects” the programme also seeks to generate sustainable livelihoods and reduce poverty in the world’s neediest countries and regions. The SGP motto is “community action with global impact!”
The GEF SGP works in 125 countries all over the world. SGP Moldova was opened in 2012 and started financing projects in 2013. Since then, it has succeeded in funding and providing technical support for more than 27 grantee projects. The Programme is a GEF corporate programme, implemented by UNDP and executed by UNOPS.
The principle objectives of the Small Grants Programme are to:
- Develop community-level strategies and implement technologies that could reduce threats to the global environment if they are replicated over time.
- Gather lessons from community-level experience and initiate the sharing of successful community-level strategies and innovations among CBOs and NGOs, host governments, development aid agencies, GEF and others working on a regional or global scale.
- Build partnerships and networks of stakeholders to support and strengthen community, NGO and national capacities to address global environmental problems and promote sustainable development.
- Ensure that conservation and sustainable development strategies and projects that protect the global environment are understood and practiced by communities and other key stakeholders
Offers shall be submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: SGPMoldova@unops.org, titled in the message subject line as “GEF SGP, Thematic Grant 2018, [name of the applicant NGO]”.
The deadline for submitting the offers is 2nd of September 2018, 23:59 (GMT +2).
For any additional information on the call for proposals, please contact Mrs. Inessa Galitchi, National Coordinator, the GEF Small Grants Programme, Moldova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: (+373) 22 839-876, mob. 0 690 66 878.
Documente de suport
- Announcement (Romanian, Russian and English versions)
- Application Guidelines (Romanian, Russian and English versions)
- Project Proposal Template (Romanian, Russian and English versions)
- Project Concept Template (Romanian, Russian and English versions)
- Budget Template (Romanian, Russian and English versions)